What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
Cookies are set through this website for a number of purposes:
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.
Third-party cookies are not set by ISU. These are often included in embedded content such as news items or social media display tools. These are either there as part of the optimization of that service or as part of the delivery method for such embedded content (such as an embedded tweet). We also enable social media cookies on our website to allow you to share our content on social channels.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website.
Can I disable cookies?
Yes, although some of these electronic tools may need to collect and process your data in order to function correctly. If you choose to block these tools or switch them off, our website may not work correctly for you.
Cookies used by ISU.org
- NID - Used by Google to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language, how many search results you wish to have shown per page, and whether or not you wish to have Google's SafeSearch filter turned on. Expiry: 6 months Type: HTTP
- OGPC - Used by Google to enable the functionality of Google Maps and extract anonymous information about browsing. Expiry :1 month Type :HTTP
- 1P_JAR - Used by Google to collect website statistics and track conversion rates. Expiry: 30 days Type: HTTP
- _gat - Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. Expiry: 1 day Type: HTTP
- _fbp - Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real-time bidding from third-party advertisers. Expiry : 3 months Type: HTTP
- _gid - Used by Google Analytics to register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Expiry: 1 day Type: HTTP
- _ga - Used by Google Analytics to store information on how visitors use the website and create analytics to measure performance. Expiry: 2 years Type: HTTP
- _gcl_au - Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services. Expiry : 3 months Type: HTTP
How to change cookie settings within your web browser
Web browsers allow you to control cookies through your settings. You can find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers by following the links below: